By: Brandon Grant

W.E.T.T. Certificate

Tags: W.E.T.T. Certificate

WETT is an acronym for Wood Energy Technology Transfer. If you have a wood burning appliance in your home and you are putting your home on the market, you will be required to provide a WETT Certification to your Buyer. A buyer cannot obtain insurance for your home unless they have a valid WETT. Because laws can change around wood-burning appliance within a 5 year period, the WETT has to be no older than 5 years.