Six essential maintenance chores that will help to keep your home safe and protect your investment.
1. Change the filter in your furnace, and replace it each month during heating season.
2. Vacuum all fans in your home: this includes Dryer Vent (outside), Range Hood Fan, Ceiling Fan in Bathrooms.
3. Change all smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries.
4. Ensure that your downspouts are directing water away from your basement.
5. Check fireplace/woodstove chimneys for any bird nests. Have the chimney cleaned.
6. Place air conditioner cover over air conditioner to protect it over the winter.